DUE TO TIME FRAMES AND COVID19 RESTRICTIONS WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS.
ONLY IF YOU ARE A MONTANA RESIDENT PLEASE CONTINUE TO APPLY.
Position Summary: The Crew Member (CM) will assist in the successful completion of MCC natural resource and community service projects. This is not a 9-5 job; rather it is an experience where long hours and extended time away from your home base are to be expected. Crews will camp for most of their terms, oftentimes in remote locations in varied terrain and in all weather conditions. Work may include building or maintaining trails, treating or removing invasive species, building fences, operating chainsaws to reduce wildfire risks by thinning trees, among many other types of projects. Not all CMs will work on all types of projects. Crews may be deployed for natural disaster relief. CMs are expected to participate in all elements of the MCC program to the best of their ability, performing designated crew role functions and maintaining a positive attitude throughout the program. The CM will also establish and maintain a good working relationship with other partner personnel, Crew Leaders, MCC staff and any volunteers who come into contact with the crew. The Crew Member is an AmeriCorps member and is entitled to the benefit package offered all AmeriCorps members.
Bi-weekly living allowance $600.00
$3047.50 AmeriCorps Education Award
Free Health Insurance
• Ensure safety is the top priority during all MCC activities and projects; promote a ‘culture of safety’
• Accomplish project goals to the standards and satisfaction of MCC, Crew Leaders, and project partners/technical advisors
• Follow all MCC policies and procedures contributing to the overall functioning of the crew and creating a healthy and supportive crew environment
• Perform designated crew roles of crew journalist, tool or vehicle swamper
• Willingly participate in all elements of the MCC Member Development program, education, and crew activities to the best of their ability
• Promote a positive public image for MCC by wearing the MCC uniform and acting in a professional and respectful manner at all times
• Attend, assist, or lead MCC service days and other MCC events, help organize and implement service projects when possible
• Work alongside youth and adult volunteers on projects and provide leadership when possible
• Exhibit a strong work ethic and positive service ethic throughout the term of service
• Attend at least one public meeting and volunteer with local non-profit groups or agencies
MCC seeks to provide access and opportunity to a diverse group of staff and participants, while continuing to identify and reduce barriers to being involved in our organization and programs. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.